This post is dedicated to my love for coffee and my love-hate relationship with graduate school. Because as much as I love to be in school, I love a good coffee to distract me from homework for a few minutes. Here’s five ways you can get your fall coffee fix without heading to Starbucks for a Pumpkin Spice Latte.
- Replace your go to sugar or sweetener with maple syrup. Kayla over at Adventure Gather Eat has an beautiful looking maple cold brew with staple ingredients that pancake and coffee lovers will have in their cupboards.
- Sprinkle cinnamon or nutmeg into your coffee grounds. I’ve been doing this in our pour one all week. The flavor is strong and the coffee is still intense.
- Mix in homemade caramel syrup. Yes you could use store bought, but there’s something about the smell of toasted sugar over your stove. Heat equal parts sugar and water on the stove, bring to a simmer, and stir crazy until it turns a light brown color. This is so good in a homemade latte or a cold brew.
- Pair your coffee with a sweet fall treat. I recommend a pumpkin blondie (like these guilt free ones I made last week) or a cinnamon coffee cake. Yum.
- Search for an apple flavored coffee.I know apple and coffee don’t sound like they pair well together compared to other fall flavors. Imagine having a slice of apple pie with a side of coffee. Crazy cups does it with their apple pie a la mode k-cup.
What’s your favorite way to drink your coffee this season?